- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Barbados Grammy award winner Rihanna says the death of the late Prime Minister David Thompson is a great loss to Barbados. In a statement from the singer, who was dubbed an Ambassador under the Thompson-led administration, today issued a short tribute on Thompson's passing, who died last Saturday at his private residence in Mapps, St Philip after his battle with pancreatic cancer. Rihanna wrote: "I am deeply saddened by the passing of Prime Minister David Thompson. He was a great man. True to form, even as he battled cancer, he remained focused on fulfilling his public responsibilities. This is a great loss to our country. My thoughts are with his family, who loved him dearly, his friends and with all of the citizens of Barbados."