- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- Foster takes bronze Read More
- Hales in, Smith snubbed Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Scenes of Barbados in Fenty ad Read More
Emergency crews, including members of the Fire Department were out in their numbers trying to clear several roads across Barbados made impassable by fallen trees and debris left in the path of Tropical Storm Tomas today. Here at Bishop's Court Hill in St Michael, a fire officer and an emergency worker are working feverishly to clear this main artery into Bridgetown. This is only one of the several roads across the island affected by the gale force winds and rains brought by Tomas, now a category one hurricane.