$100 000 lost to blaze

beadottin, beadottin@nationnews.com

Added 02 November 2012

1102fireatrisingsunl04

Businessman Shan Juman said he’d lost more than $100 000 after the storage facility that houses chemicals, a foam producing machine and a delivery truck went up in flames at Rising Sun, Balls, Christ Church, last night. Nothing was saved from the shed that was home to a six-wheeler delivery truck that Juman bought a few months ago for $58 000. The flames appeared just before 7 p.m., completely destroying five machines, one of which produced foam for mattresses and pillows for his Sleeprite Barbados Ltd firm. Juman, 66, the managing director of Sleeprite that is located in nearby Lowlands, said the fire was a setback to his 12-year-old business which has suffered a 35 per cent decline in business. (MK)

comments powered by Disqus

POLL

Are Barbadian consumers to blame for high prices because we reject so much of what is produced locally?

Yes
No
Don't know

INSTAGRAM

CARTOON