- Barbados key to Cuba investment Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Is Clinton or Trump better for immigrants? Read More
- Positive reviews for Barbados surfers Read More
- Barbados thrash Guatemala 11-0 Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Unpredictable Matthew Read More
- SATURDAY’S CHILD: Better chocolate than never Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 30, 2016 Read More
SAGICOR UWI continued their relentless march towards a third title when they easily defeated TeleBarbados Carlton by 39 runs in their fifth round Sagicor General Twenty20 clash yesterday. After winning the toss, UWI reached 147 for eight off the allotted 20 overs mainly through the efforts of captain Kyle Corbin (38) and opening batsman Chadwick Walton (37). Corbin struck three fours and one six off 33 deliveries while Walton had four fours off 23 deliveries in his knock. Off-spinner Marlon Graham was the most successful bowler for Carlton with three for 28 off four overs. Trinidad and Tobago’s West Indies player, Lendl Simmons, could not save Carlton who never seemed comfortable against UWI’s varied bowling attack and were restricted to 108 for six off 20 overs. Simmons fell for 12 while captain Carlo Morris managed just one six and a four in 24 not out off 29 balls. Fast bowler Marques Clarke was the most successful bowler with two for 25 off four overs.