- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- More youths entering green economy Read More
- King giving back to Dominica with benefit match Read More
- Orange new QC swim champs Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Consider the rape victim Read More
- Juniors shine at NIFCA Read More
MINISTER OF EDUCATION Ronald Jones says there will be sweeping changes throughout the education system led by the implementation of the recommendations of The Alexandra Commission Report. Without divulging the details of the much anticipated report, Jones, who was criticised in some quarters for not acting expeditiously on the problems at the St Peter school, said the recommendations would have implications for the overall management of the education system. “The laissez faire approach to the management, the governance, the overall control of education will disappear. There will be an even more firm, more rigid [approach],” he told the SUNDAY SUN yesterday. This followed the announcement by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart that the report would be laid in Parliament either this Tuesday or the next.