- ON THE RIGHT: Production challenges persist Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Role for regional milk producers Read More
- Wildey win in T&T Read More
- Lodge Road, St Martin’s in final Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: He doesn’t want me to move in Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Understanding money creation Read More
- RiRi set to conquer Ocean’s Read More
MINISTER OF EDUCATION Ronald Jones says there will be sweeping changes throughout the education system led by the implementation of the recommendations of The Alexandra Commission Report. Without divulging the details of the much anticipated report, Jones, who was criticised in some quarters for not acting expeditiously on the problems at the St Peter school, said the recommendations would have implications for the overall management of the education system. “The laissez faire approach to the management, the governance, the overall control of education will disappear. There will be an even more firm, more rigid [approach],” he told the SUNDAY SUN yesterday. This followed the announcement by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart that the report would be laid in Parliament either this Tuesday or the next.