- Success one face at a time Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Past the worst and seeing positives Read More
- 14 up vying for Derby places Read More
- Seibert: Penn Relays way to go Read More
- The Lowdown & Looka Lew Read More
- EDITORIAL: Extend an olive branch to teachers Read More
- Hillside Reggae Read More
The Nation’s Associate Editor, Sherie Holder-Olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados. Today’s Easy Magazine feature, A Family Affair in the Sunday Sun has our online readers talking. It recounts the story of a disappointed single mother who watched her two daughters leave secondary school without any certificates. However two weeks ago, this same mother watched her two daughters and granddaughter collect their degree scrolls from the University of the West Indies. It is an inspiring story that warmed the hearts of many of our online readers. Roslyn Boyce: Well done old mate we are the proud products of the Springer Memorial Secondary School. To mom you are truly a wonderful woman, keep on encouraging your girls. Charismatic Kevin Rowe: Great job ladies, you will be inspiration for so many. De Jay: Well done family. Mr Psychotic: This is a wonderful article and a story that can serve to motivate many. I dunno about the line 'the family curse had been broken' though... D. Stoute: Congratulations to all of you. Very well done. Your mom has every reason to be proud.