- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Triple jump gold ‘for granny’ Read More
- Belle bags silver Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
Reinstated leader of the Barbados Labour Party Owen Arthur paid a visit to Government House earlier today . He met with Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands. Arthur was returned to the helm of the Barbados Labour Party early today when some members of the parliamentary group met at party headquarters at Roebuck Street St Michael. Present were Arthur, George Payne, William Duguid, Dale Marshall, Gline Clarke, Ronald Toppin and Willliam Duguid. Mia Mottley, the former leader of the party, as well as Cynthia Forde and Rawle Eastmond did not attend that meeting. Payne told the Press after that meeting that Mottley no longer commands the confidence of the majority of members in the parliamentary group.