- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Darone Brathwaite Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Them and us: levelling the playing field Read More
- Badminton finals thrilling Read More
- No to rule change Read More
- Win-win solution for containers Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Boss wants to have sex with me Read More
- Moonlight wins Best Picture Award Read More
Barbados now has another information technology provider, with the opening of a Hewlett Packard (HP) and Promotech Inc. retail store. Minister of Commerce and Trade Senator Haynesley Benn said that HP’s decision to establish a new business venture at this time was a positive sign for both the company and the island. “The opening of this branded Hewlett Packard store in the current economic environment, at a time when many small businesses throughout the world are challenged to keep their doors open, speaks volumes to the strategic thinking of the management of Promotech Inc. “Further, at this time when companies are experiencing difficulties in maintaining their staff complement, Promotech Inc., with a current staff of 25 persons, envisages that through this strategic alliance with Hewlett Packard, the company’s staff complement will be increased,” he added. An official ceremony was held yesterday to mark the occasion at Sheraton Centre, Sargeant’s Village. HP territory manager for the Caribbean, Pedro Cheng, expressed faith in HP’s presence in the Caribbean and in partnering with Promotech, which has served the Barbados market since 1999.