- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Roberto Pereyra Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Changing lanes in a slow-moving race Read More
- Pine close in on title Read More
- Warriors win, Tridents face exit Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Crop Over fever everywhere Read More
- SATURDAY'S CHILD: Tombstone territory Read More
- Marvay still on a high Read More
Barbados now has another information technology provider, with the opening of a Hewlett Packard (HP) and Promotech Inc. retail store. Minister of Commerce and Trade Senator Haynesley Benn said that HP’s decision to establish a new business venture at this time was a positive sign for both the company and the island. “The opening of this branded Hewlett Packard store in the current economic environment, at a time when many small businesses throughout the world are challenged to keep their doors open, speaks volumes to the strategic thinking of the management of Promotech Inc. “Further, at this time when companies are experiencing difficulties in maintaining their staff complement, Promotech Inc., with a current staff of 25 persons, envisages that through this strategic alliance with Hewlett Packard, the company’s staff complement will be increased,” he added. An official ceremony was held yesterday to mark the occasion at Sheraton Centre, Sargeant’s Village. HP territory manager for the Caribbean, Pedro Cheng, expressed faith in HP’s presence in the Caribbean and in partnering with Promotech, which has served the Barbados market since 1999.