- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Sir Hilary’s goal Read More
- Quake cancels CAC meet Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Neesha feels So Amazing with another award Read More
The Barbados Meteorological Service was criticized by some Barbadians this past week after Tropical Storm Chantal, which was predicted to hit the island, veered to the north and had little effect except for some rains and heavily overcast conditions. The island was placed on shutdown as the storm approached and the all-clear was given only after 11 a.m. last Tuesday. In the Big Interview in tomorrow's SUNDAY SUN, Senior Reporter Gercine Carter speaks to Hampden Lovell, who has been Acting Director of Meteorological Services for the past three years, about how the Met Office functions and responds to public criticism.