- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- 2nd ODI WI VS England underway Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
Prince William has been made Duke of Cambridge, and his wife the Duchess of Cambridge, Buckingham Palace has said. The prince has also taken the titles Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus, linking him to Scotland and Northern Ireland. He has been given the titles by the Queen to mark his marriage. Catherine also becomes her royal highness. Giving new titles to a member of the Royal Family on their wedding day is a long-standing tradition. When Prince Andrew married, he became the Duke of York, Earl of Inverness and Baron Killyleagh. Prince Edward became the Earl of Wessex and Viscount Severn on his wedding day in 1999. While the Prince of Wales did not take any additional titles when he married Lady Diana Spencer in 1981, he was already Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland and Earl of Chester. (BBC).