- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Tough Windies final day Read More
- Beach Culture shifting to June Read More
- EDITORIAL: Gearing up for political battle Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Hubby’s temper out of control Read More
- Spirit of the Nation Show on November 19 Read More
Sagicor Life UWI all-rounder Carlos Brathwaite turned in his second impactful performance in consecutive matches to help his side defend their Sagicor T20 title at Kensington Oval Sunday night. Brathwaite earned the Man-Of-The-Match award as UWI won a closely fought contest against CGI Maple that ended in high drama, controversy and confusion. Set 115 for victory after restricting Maple to 114 for six, UWI complicated what appeared to be a comfortable run chase before squeezing the winning run off the final delivery to finish on 115 for eight. The university students romped to 43 for one in the fifth over but the dismissal of their captain Kyle Corbin, brilliantly caught by Jed Yearwood on the midwicket boundary, sparked a collapse. Corbin, looking for his second six, appeared to be clearing the boundary.