- Region must err on the side of caution Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Surviving in a dynamic world Read More
- Purple power prevails at The St Michael School Read More
- Andy Murray and wife welcome daughter Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: CARICOM’s DR challenge Read More
- EDITORIAL: Time to act on road problems Read More
- Rihanna hits top of Billboard 200 with Anti Read More
Sagicor Life UWI all-rounder Carlos Brathwaite turned in his second impactful performance in consecutive matches to help his side defend their Sagicor T20 title at Kensington Oval Sunday night. Brathwaite earned the Man-Of-The-Match award as UWI won a closely fought contest against CGI Maple that ended in high drama, controversy and confusion. Set 115 for victory after restricting Maple to 114 for six, UWI complicated what appeared to be a comfortable run chase before squeezing the winning run off the final delivery to finish on 115 for eight. The university students romped to 43 for one in the fifth over but the dismissal of their captain Kyle Corbin, brilliantly caught by Jed Yearwood on the midwicket boundary, sparked a collapse. Corbin, looking for his second six, appeared to be clearing the boundary.