- Finding light in the blackout Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: Discrimination impacts health and safety at work Read More
- Shell-shocked Windies Read More
- FAZEER MOHAMMED: The challenges facing Carlos Read More
- EDITORIAL: Ironing out tax kinks Read More
- ALBERT BRANDFORD: Crime, violence chickens . . . Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
Sagicor Life UWI all-rounder Carlos Brathwaite turned in his second impactful performance in consecutive matches to help his side defend their Sagicor T20 title at Kensington Oval Sunday night. Brathwaite earned the Man-Of-The-Match award as UWI won a closely fought contest against CGI Maple that ended in high drama, controversy and confusion. Set 115 for victory after restricting Maple to 114 for six, UWI complicated what appeared to be a comfortable run chase before squeezing the winning run off the final delivery to finish on 115 for eight. The university students romped to 43 for one in the fifth over but the dismissal of their captain Kyle Corbin, brilliantly caught by Jed Yearwood on the midwicket boundary, sparked a collapse. Corbin, looking for his second six, appeared to be clearing the boundary.