- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Shad Spencer Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Celebrating Tourism Week with the best team ever Read More
- Blown off Read More
- Pakistan: We totally outplayed Windies Read More
- EDITORIAL: Let’s be safe and be thankful Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Stop the blame game Read More
- Crop Fusion ticket buyers can collect refunds Read More
Not one, but two Sandals hotels are coming to Barbados in a multi-million dollar investment that will create 1 500 hotel jobs. The chain has bought the former Casuarina property in Christ Church on its own and, under a lease arrangement with the Government, will also operate the former Almond Beach Village in St Peter. Already the owners of the Jamaican brand are reporting heavy bookings all the way to February for the former Casuarina which begins its make-over into a Sandals Couples property from today, but officially opens on December 13. The Almond Beach Village, which had a cloud hanging over it since closing in April last year, will be transformed into the hotel’s family brand, Beaches, and work is to start on that in nine months. The double investment by the internationally recognized Jamaica brand was announced yesterday at Hilton Barbados during a signing between the Government and Sandals Resorts International in relation to the Village property.