- Trade war worries slam China and emerging markets Read More
- Caribbean Airlines ranked 34th in global on time performance Read More
- Best earns junior Pan Am silver medal Read More
- Glory for Gabriel Read More
- Initiatives to help us stay afloat Read More
- Inquire before cutting service Read More
- Romeo laid to rest Read More
LESS THAN AN hour before his death, John Corbin called home to say he was on his way. Tragically, the 41-year-old father of one never made it to his Long Bay Village, St Philip home as he was involved in a vehicular collision at Pinder’s Bottom, St George, about 12:45 a.m. yesterday. He died on the spot. Police investigations revealed that the car Corbin was driving was involved in a collision with a van driven by Ricky Reid, 43, of Coral Haven, St Philip. Reid, known locally and regionally as entertainer Lil Rick, complained of minor pains to his body. A DAILY NATION team visited Corbin’s home and spoke to his wife of five years, Natalie Corbin, 36, and daughter Nakita Andrews, 20. Natalie said that while they had been married for five years, they had been together for more than 20. She described the last time she spoke to her husband.