- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Latapy’s goal to lift Bajan game Read More
- Challenge for SMS, Foundation Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
One of this island’s older hotel properties has fallen into the hands of receivers KPMG. A team from the audit firm shut down the NewEdgewater Hotel yesterday, and with that action sent nearly 30 people on the breadline. The Bathsheba hotel, which boasted 24 rooms and suites, and had a history dating back to the 1700s, was ordered closed just after 2 p.m. The staff members were informed of the situation and asked to leave the premises. When a SATURDAY SUN team visited the St Joseph property there was a notable presence of increased security on the compound. (ROG) Read the full story in today's SATURDAY SUN.