- ON THE RIGHT: No easy solution to water crisis Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Water woes a global issue Read More
- Barbados Selext XI score 290-8 vs Windies Read More
- WICB and Digicel renew partnership Read More
- We apologise Read More
- EDITORIAL: We welcome UWI funding initiative Read More
- Minister of Culture lauds Rihanna Read More
CRICKET AND POLITICS have another knight. For his sterling contribution to sport and the community, Wesley Winfield Hall has been given a knighthood in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List. Sir Wesley, the spearhead of the West Indies pace attack in the 1960s, and a Cabinet Minister in the 1980s, tops the list of nine Barbadians recognised by the Queen in her Diamond Jubilee year. The first West Indian to take a hat-trick in Test cricket, Sir Wesley, the holder of 192 Test scalps, and a former president of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB), has gone beyond the boundaries of cricket. Read the full story in today's SATURDAY SUN.