- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Big win for Yellow House Read More
- Confident Nurse expects WI victory Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
Two gold medals in one day, both record performances. That is just the latest amazing feat by top Barbadian athlete Akela Jones at the 19th Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Junior Track and Field Championships in El Salvador. Friday morning, Jones, 17, won the Under-18 girls’ long jump with a leap of 6.36 metres to shatter the 28-year championships record of 6.21 metres. It was also a new Barbados junior national record. On Friday evening, Jones returned to win the high jump, clearing 1.81 metres to equal the record set two years ago. Here, Jones clearing the bar in the high jump en route to winning her second gold medal.