- Small number of misprinted notes in circulation Read More
- Sealy: Record year for tourism in Barbados Read More
- Volcanoes take Super50 victory Read More
- Cornwall deserves Windies pick Read More
- Use your words to empower others Read More
- Police must report all, not just some Read More
- Rico raps it up Read More
Two gold medals in one day, both record performances. That is just the latest amazing feat by top Barbadian athlete Akela Jones at the 19th Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Junior Track and Field Championships in El Salvador. Friday morning, Jones, 17, won the Under-18 girls’ long jump with a leap of 6.36 metres to shatter the 28-year championships record of 6.21 metres. It was also a new Barbados junior national record. On Friday evening, Jones returned to win the high jump, clearing 1.81 metres to equal the record set two years ago. Here, Jones clearing the bar in the high jump en route to winning her second gold medal.