- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Windies set tough target for England Read More
- WI opt to bat first in opening ODI against England Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
The Nation's Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What's Trending today in Barbados. The call by event coordinator Fran Wickham to stick to the T-shirt concept of Foreday Morning has evoked some comments from our readers. Wickham, said: “We are into the old time jump up. Old clothes and mud and paint, that is what the jump is all about." Dwayne Tull: "I hate the fact that Foreday jam is going away from the T-shirt theme and now you have deal with highly priced costumes." Zil Hannah: "It's true though. why should bands charge close to $200 for a Foreday Morning jam, which is almost half of a costume for Kadooment. Furthermore to my knowledge there's no judging for this event so why do bandleaders have such elaborate prices? Verona Brome: "I agree with Zil, why should one have to pay so much money to be legit in a band that was once free for all."