- Barbados key to Cuba investment Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Is Clinton or Trump better for immigrants? Read More
- Positive reviews for Barbados surfers Read More
- Barbados thrash Guatemala 11-0 Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: Chinese doctors to the rescue Read More
- I CONFESS: Women don’t know they’ve got it good Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 30, 2016 Read More
BIG-HITTING Barbados Defence Force Sports Programme (BDFSP) left-handed batsman Marlon Welcome-Goodman and improving CounterPoint Wanderers’ all-rounder Diego Stuart are the only two relatively new players in a 36-man provisional trials squad named yesterday to prepare for next year’s West Indies Cricket Board Regional Super50 Tournament. Welcome-Goodman, who represented the Barbados Under-19 team last year, has been rewarded for scoring two centuries in this year’s Sagicor General Super Cup while helping BDFSP to reach the quarter-finals. The strongly-built six-footer hammered 103 against Banks in the second series at Paragon and also lashed an even hundred, which was decorated with six sixes and six fours off 98 balls versus Republic Bank St Catherine in a losing cause in the fourth series. He also hit a century in the final series of the LIME Elite Championship, scoring 103 against Carlton at the Desmond Haynes Oval.