- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
BIG-HITTING Barbados Defence Force Sports Programme (BDFSP) left-handed batsman Marlon Welcome-Goodman and improving CounterPoint Wanderers’ all-rounder Diego Stuart are the only two relatively new players in a 36-man provisional trials squad named yesterday to prepare for next year’s West Indies Cricket Board Regional Super50 Tournament. Welcome-Goodman, who represented the Barbados Under-19 team last year, has been rewarded for scoring two centuries in this year’s Sagicor General Super Cup while helping BDFSP to reach the quarter-finals. The strongly-built six-footer hammered 103 against Banks in the second series at Paragon and also lashed an even hundred, which was decorated with six sixes and six fours off 98 balls versus Republic Bank St Catherine in a losing cause in the fourth series. He also hit a century in the final series of the LIME Elite Championship, scoring 103 against Carlton at the Desmond Haynes Oval.