- THE HOYOS FILE: A case of shoddy ‘research’ Read More
- GEL records $62 million profit Read More
- Marcelo, Bale to miss Champions League clash with Roma Read More
- WI players, WICB at odds again Read More
- WEDNESDAY WOMAN: It’s all about organics Read More
- IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST: Lighter side of smelling hell Read More
- All ah we Read More
BIG-HITTING Barbados Defence Force Sports Programme (BDFSP) left-handed batsman Marlon Welcome-Goodman and improving CounterPoint Wanderers’ all-rounder Diego Stuart are the only two relatively new players in a 36-man provisional trials squad named yesterday to prepare for next year’s West Indies Cricket Board Regional Super50 Tournament. Welcome-Goodman, who represented the Barbados Under-19 team last year, has been rewarded for scoring two centuries in this year’s Sagicor General Super Cup while helping BDFSP to reach the quarter-finals. The strongly-built six-footer hammered 103 against Banks in the second series at Paragon and also lashed an even hundred, which was decorated with six sixes and six fours off 98 balls versus Republic Bank St Catherine in a losing cause in the fourth series. He also hit a century in the final series of the LIME Elite Championship, scoring 103 against Carlton at the Desmond Haynes Oval.