- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Darone Brathwaite Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Them and us: levelling the playing field Read More
- Badminton finals thrilling Read More
- No to rule change Read More
- Win-win solution for containers Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Boss wants to have sex with me Read More
- Moonlight wins Best Picture Award Read More
THE CULTURAL INDUSTRIES play a significant role in the development and sustenance of the island’s tourism product. And from time to time a number of the hotels across the island invite different cultural groups and entertainers, including tuk bands, steel pan groups and singers to perform for their guests. One of those groups that has been going around and performing at different hotels and tourist spots is Ruk-A-Tuk Inc. It has been performing for the past 17 years and has also represented the island on several occasions in Europe, throughout the region and the United States. Director Wayne “Poonka” Willock told the DAILY NATION the group had to become more innovative over the years.