- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Windies facing another loss Read More
- Walcott wraps up sixth title Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Mind and soul belong to my ex Read More
- EDITORIAL: Haiti remains an urgent project Read More
- Seven up for Miss Teen Barbados Read More
THE CULTURAL INDUSTRIES play a significant role in the development and sustenance of the island’s tourism product. And from time to time a number of the hotels across the island invite different cultural groups and entertainers, including tuk bands, steel pan groups and singers to perform for their guests. One of those groups that has been going around and performing at different hotels and tourist spots is Ruk-A-Tuk Inc. It has been performing for the past 17 years and has also represented the island on several occasions in Europe, throughout the region and the United States. Director Wayne “Poonka” Willock told the DAILY NATION the group had to become more innovative over the years.