- ON THE RIGHT: More than fiscal measures needed Read More
- ON THE LEFT: New type of austerity measures needed Read More
- Athletes ‘need help’ Read More
- Bajan high-flyers Read More
- OUTSIDE THE PULPIT: Still bright spots in WI cricket Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN': A strange wedding table Read More
- Tahirah takes top spot Read More
Although sales may not have been as high as in previous years, manufacturers are generally happy with how Barbadians have patronized them during the past year, and are optimistic about 2013. However, there is still the call for “greater opportunities” within the sector, in particular garment and furniture, to create more jobs. Barbados Manufacturers’ Association (BMA) executive director Bobbi McKay told the DAILY NATION yesterday that come next year her organization would be working closer with the Government, financial institutions, hotels and other stakeholders to continue expanding the sector – with focus on furniture producers. “So that when people start knocking on their doors, they will have the products. In many cases, the funds are there; but it was difficult for them to access them,” she said.