- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- More youths entering green economy Read More
- King giving back to Dominica with benefit match Read More
- Orange new QC swim champs Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Consider the rape victim Read More
- Juniors shine at NIFCA Read More
THE MAIN SHAREHOLDER GOVERNMENTS IN LIAT yesterday endorsed the airline’s new business plan and indicated that they were optimistic about the company’s future. Chairman of the shareholder governments and Prime Minister of St Vincent and the Grenadines Dr Ralph Gonsalves said some of the four governments had already started making payments toward the fleet renewal that was at the core of the business plan. His comments came during a news conference at Hilton Barbados that followed a meeting of the major shareholders, who now include Dominica. “The shareholders have bitten the bullet that we have to invest more resources in order to strengthen LIAT both in the renewal of the fleet and the [route] expansion in order to make it viable.