- AS I SEE THINGS: The new normal Read More
- The art of managing a business Read More
- No end to WI dry spell Read More
- Archer builds his case Read More
- SATURDAY’S CHILD: Better chocolate than never Read More
- I CONFESS: Women don’t know they’ve got it good Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 30, 2016 Read More
AT THE end of this month at least four dairy farmers will have a surplus of milk on their hands. Two of them, Barry Bishop and Douglas Ward, told the WEEKEND NATION that the Pine Hill Dairy (PHD) said by Monday they would have reached their quota for January and no more milk would be collected from them for the remainder of the month. They were also informed that if milk collected on Monday exceeded the set amount, the excess would be deducted from the following month’s quota. When contacted, PHD communications specialist Sophia Cambridge said that all of the dairy farmers who supplied milk to PHD were informed that once they had reached their quota at any point in the month, no more milk will be collected from them for that month. “This is nothing new,” she said.