- Great gains from BMEX project Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Making most of holiday prices Read More
- Win for media and guests Read More
- Pushing ahead Read More
- WILD COOT: Misuse of savings Read More
- ALTAR CALL: Hold on and keep the faith Read More
- Entertainers close Barbados display in Toronto Read More
KINGSTON, Jamaica, May 4, CMC – Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller says the attack on her brother by criminals is something other families in Jamaica suffer as well. Police said that Vincent Simpson was beaten and robbed on Thursday at his business place in the capital. The robbers had demanded money from the elder brother of Prime Minister Simpson Miller before stabbing him. His condition was not considered life threatening. "What happened to my brother, a number of other people suffer Prime Minister Simpson Miller told reporters. “I feel it for anyone that would be hurt by the hands of some criminals. I feel it the same way I feel it for everyone," Simpson Miller said, adding however, she did not want to the attack to be a matter of public discussion. "He is not a politician, he is not in government, he is simply a brother from a very tightly knit family," Simpson Miller said, that he is a “businessman who loves his sister as I love him". Police have made no arrests in connection with the incident.