- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Crushing loss for Windies after Ali’s assault Read More
- Former pacer Davis honoured by Windies side Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- Rihanna’s 40 shades a hit Read More
The Nation's Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What's Trending today in Barbados. The clash of the bands Spice and Company and Splashband last night at the Ranch has left many people talking today. Shortly after the much anticipated event had ended in the early hours of the morning, many turned to Facebook to post their comments about the show. Needless to say, patrons were not disappointed by the performances of the musicians who took patrons back in time with some of the popular hits of the day. Both bands received top marks from those who attended. Liesl Gaye Gajadhar: "What time is it! Spice Time! Thank you Spice & Co. and Splash Band for bringing my Crop Over to a fitting climax. Congrats..it was excellent!" Paula Blanchard: "Spice band is 'de bomb'!" Nicholas Keizer: "Spice killed it. Awesome performanc". Jan Phillips: "Biggie, Arturo Tappin, John Roett and the crew...WOW. What an absolutely brilliant performance".