- CDB urges regional governments to act now Read More
- New equipment company opens Read More
- King ranked 130th again Read More
- Pride hunting double Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Having doubts after affair of four years Read More
- EDITORIAL: Let’s bring pride to the fore Read More
- Artistes ‘up de ting’ at Holetown Read More
THE PROBLEMS confronting the region’s intra-island airline LIAT moved from bad to worse yesterday. Broken-down planes left hundreds of LIAT passengers stranded across the region over the weekend, and the resulting frustrations hit line staff, who staged worked stoppages in Barbados and Dominica yesterday. Staff at Grantley Adams International Airport reportedly vacated their positions on at least two occasions, as a long line of waiting passengers reached as far as the pavement. Some of those passengers were back and forth from the airport since Saturday, trying to get a flight back home to Grenada.