- AS I SEE THINGS: The new normal Read More
- The art of managing a business Read More
- No end to WI dry spell Read More
- Archer builds his case Read More
- SATURDAY’S CHILD: Better chocolate than never Read More
- I CONFESS: Women don’t know they’ve got it good Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 30, 2016 Read More
It appears that it Was easier for the Barbados men’s volleyball team to reach the third round of the FIVB/NORCECA World Championships than to return from the second leg in French St Martin. A successful, but exhausted Barbados team returned Monday around 9:45 p.m. after starting their trip home at 7 a.m. Even as the members went to their respective homes, MVP Fabian Cox was still in Antigua as no room was found for him on the LIAT flight back to Barbados with his teammates. Captain and Best Setter Alain London took ill on the journey and had to be wheeled off the plane, but he was still upbeat about the performance of his team. “I never saw myself as the captain, just the setter, and the players knew their roles, which they executed throughout the tournament and moreso in the finals.