- WICB supports Narine Read More
- Girls back with gold Read More
- St Michael South through to semi-finals Read More
- HEALING HERBS: Millet good for longevity Read More
- TALKBACK: Court should let Immigration do its job Read More
- EDITORIAL: Let’s hope for best from climate talks Read More
- Scores enjoy St Philip Carnival Read More
- Carnival takes over St James Read More
- Adele touring next year Read More
- Second shooting at Ruby Read More
- VIDEO: Independence Day Parade 2015 Read More
- UPDATE: Man shot and killed at Ruby Read More
- The PR of mergers and acquisitions Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: Employing people with disabilities Read More
- ‘Strong’ demand for Barbados Read More
There was much rejoicing at the home of Barbados latest centenarian Gwendolyn Euroda Ward at Ellerton, St George on Thursday.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave joined Ward’s family and friends in marking the milestone of the woman described by many as a caring person.
The ardent and faithful Seventh-Day Adventist for more than 50 years still attends the Eastlyn SDA Church, which she helped to establish.
The active Ward still cleans, cooks and does other household chores. (RL)