- Grecia too hot Read More
- Life still in Gall Hill’s legs Read More
- Bajans in charge Read More
- WILD COOT: How you know? Baffling Read More
- LOUISE FAIRSAVE: Budget vacation Read More
- EDITORIAL: Strong leadership needed for critical issues Read More
- Plenty to savour at Sweet Soca semis Read More
- Ding dong party at the Oval Read More
- Junior Monarch semis in full swing Read More
- Dirty Touch Read More
- Enter BWU Read More
- Cop found hanging Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: Employment Rights Act uncertainty – Part 2 Read More
- Councils could help with small businesses Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: A looming fiscal tragedy of Grecian proportions Read More
There was much rejoicing at the home of Barbados latest centenarian Gwendolyn Euroda Ward at Ellerton, St George on Thursday.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave joined Ward’s family and friends in marking the milestone of the woman described by many as a caring person.
The ardent and faithful Seventh-Day Adventist for more than 50 years still attends the Eastlyn SDA Church, which she helped to establish.
The active Ward still cleans, cooks and does other household chores. (RL)