- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- Dominica welcoming 'voluntourism' in wake of Hurricane Maria Read More
- King giving back to Dominica with benefit match Read More
- Orange new QC swim champs Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Consider the rape victim Read More
- Juniors shine at NIFCA Read More
JEFFREY WILLIAMS has been appointed captain of the Barbados team for the Caribbean Football Union’s Championship Cup, which kicks off on Sunday at Kensington Oval. Midfielder Williams will take over the duties from Barbados international Emmerson Boyce, who captained the team during the World Cup qualifying campaign, but is unable to make the trip back home because of commitments to his English Premier League club Wigan. The final 20-man squad will be announced tomorrow. SQUAD (from): Jeffrey Williams (captain), Kerry Holder, Jason Boxhill, Renaldo Marques, Carl Joseph, Curtis Odle, Julian Nicholls, Raheim Sargeant, Barry Skeete, Rommel Burgess, Ramuel Miller, Jomo Brathwaite, Ricardio Morris, Teriq Highland, Dwayne Stanford, Mario Harte, Tristan Parris, Jamal Chandler, Jason Lovell, Jabar Greene, Damian McCollin, Kyle Gibson, Ramar Miller, Sebastian Hunte, Malcolm Marshall, Shaquille Boyce, Kemar Headley, Jomo Harris, Omari Eastmond, Saheka Duke. (RB) TOUGH TACKLE: Nulook 360 Connection defender Jomo Brathwaite, tackling Sportstown Galaxy’s Runaco Thompson during last Sunday’s LIME Pelican Football Challenge, is in the shortlisted Barbados squad for the CFU Cup. Also selected is midfielder Malcolm “Buju” Marshall (standing left).