- Tourism campaign on streets of London Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: Excessive absence Read More
- Under 19s to start preparation for World Cup 2018 Read More
- FAZEER MOHAMMED: Celebrating Sir Frank Worrell Read More
- Make the Trident whole again Read More
- ALBERT BRANDFORD: IMF, yes! Privatisation, no? Hardly! Read More
- Clarence Thompson dies Read More
AN HONEST DAY’S WORK FOR AN HONEST DAY’S PAY. That is what Prime Minister Freundel Stuart wants to see more of in Barbados. According to the political leader of the Democratic Labour Party, anything less than that will aid in stunting Barbados’ way forward as a developing nation. Stuart made the assertion to the workers of Barbados on Saturday night, while delivering a 45-minute feature address at the 20th anniversary dinner and awards ceremony of ADC Building Maintenance, held at the Concorde Experience, just adjacent to the Grantley Adams International Airport, in Seawell, Christ Church. “The people of Barbados must realize giving an honest day’s work for honest day’s pay is one of the most important things when it comes to our development,” the Prime Minister said. “It is what all employers expect, and should expect. We can’t ignore the complaints that we hear from employers about this,” Stuart said.