- How the US rate increase affects the Caribbean Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: 24/7 operations and the issues Read More
- Garrison Racing Results - Valentine’s Day Raceday card Read More
- Leicester are for real, five point clear in Premier League Read More
- RON IN COMMON – More opportunities to travel north Read More
- PUDDING AND SOUSE: Something’s hitting fan Read More
- Friday nights for wine and sax Read More
AN HONEST DAY’S WORK FOR AN HONEST DAY’S PAY. That is what Prime Minister Freundel Stuart wants to see more of in Barbados. According to the political leader of the Democratic Labour Party, anything less than that will aid in stunting Barbados’ way forward as a developing nation. Stuart made the assertion to the workers of Barbados on Saturday night, while delivering a 45-minute feature address at the 20th anniversary dinner and awards ceremony of ADC Building Maintenance, held at the Concorde Experience, just adjacent to the Grantley Adams International Airport, in Seawell, Christ Church. “The people of Barbados must realize giving an honest day’s work for honest day’s pay is one of the most important things when it comes to our development,” the Prime Minister said. “It is what all employers expect, and should expect. We can’t ignore the complaints that we hear from employers about this,” Stuart said.