- Region must err on the side of caution Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Surviving in a dynamic world Read More
- Andy Murray and wife welcome daughter Read More
- WI Under-19s in Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: CARICOM’s DR challenge Read More
- EDITORIAL: Time to act on road problems Read More
- Rihanna hits top of Billboard 200 with Anti Read More
AN HONEST DAY’S WORK FOR AN HONEST DAY’S PAY. That is what Prime Minister Freundel Stuart wants to see more of in Barbados. According to the political leader of the Democratic Labour Party, anything less than that will aid in stunting Barbados’ way forward as a developing nation. Stuart made the assertion to the workers of Barbados on Saturday night, while delivering a 45-minute feature address at the 20th anniversary dinner and awards ceremony of ADC Building Maintenance, held at the Concorde Experience, just adjacent to the Grantley Adams International Airport, in Seawell, Christ Church. “The people of Barbados must realize giving an honest day’s work for honest day’s pay is one of the most important things when it comes to our development,” the Prime Minister said. “It is what all employers expect, and should expect. We can’t ignore the complaints that we hear from employers about this,” Stuart said.