- Courtesy gives Crop Over a lift Read More
- Beneficial ownership: Corporate striptease (final part) Read More
- Kyle Hope, Ambris added to squad Read More
- Malinga gets suspended sentence for media comments Read More
- This time we are in a 12-foot hole Read More
- Time for a rebirth Read More
- RPB, Queen T to go first on Phenomenal Friday Read More
AT LEAST ONE Broomes in the Alexandra School saga could be seeking legal redress in the near future. Cousins Jeff Broomes, who was principal of the school for ten years, and Roger Broomes, the physical education teacher, came to national attention during the commission of inquiry into the affairs of the school in July and August. That commission recommended that they both be removed from the St Peter school. The Ministry of Education took action at the beginning of this term, transferring Jeff to Parkinson Memorial Secondary School. He is yet to take up duties there because he is on sick leave until Thursday. The board of the school reportedly dealt with Roger. He told the DAILY NATION his contract had not been renewed. “The first contract I had was until the 31st of August. Then I received a letter of termination, terminating my services from the first of January,” the 45-year-old reported. He insisted that no reasons were cited for the termination and said he had retained the services of a “prominent attorney” to look into the matter.