- Iran in talks to buy 48 Airbus helicopters report says Read More
- North Korea factories humming with ‘Made in China’ clothes, traders say Read More
- Woeful Windies crash to defeat Read More
- Wha-loss Read More
- Uber not needed here Read More
- Wasted hours waiting on bus Read More
- When talent shines Read More
AT LEAST ONE Broomes in the Alexandra School saga could be seeking legal redress in the near future. Cousins Jeff Broomes, who was principal of the school for ten years, and Roger Broomes, the physical education teacher, came to national attention during the commission of inquiry into the affairs of the school in July and August. That commission recommended that they both be removed from the St Peter school. The Ministry of Education took action at the beginning of this term, transferring Jeff to Parkinson Memorial Secondary School. He is yet to take up duties there because he is on sick leave until Thursday. The board of the school reportedly dealt with Roger. He told the DAILY NATION his contract had not been renewed. “The first contract I had was until the 31st of August. Then I received a letter of termination, terminating my services from the first of January,” the 45-year-old reported. He insisted that no reasons were cited for the termination and said he had retained the services of a “prominent attorney” to look into the matter.