- New equipment company opens Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Immigration policy and family ties Read More
- Holder: Opponents feared us Read More
- Pride of champions Read More
- TALKBACK: Smoking ban can hurt tourism Read More
- ALTAR CALL: Much joy at harvest programme Read More
- Six for Miss Holetown Read More
The trial of embattled dancehall entertainer Vybz Kartel who is accused of the murder of Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams has again been stalled. The case could not begin in the Home Circuit Court this morning because of insufficient jurors. The Crown and the defense expressed disappointment as they both said they were ready for the trial to begin. The trial has now been rescheduled for May 27. Kartel, fellow entertainer Shawn Campbell, more popularly known as 'Shawn Storm', Andre St John, and Kahira Jones were further remanded. Bail was extended for the other accused, fashion designer Calvin Haye. It's alleged that Williams was killed at Kartel’s home in Havendale, St Andrew, on August 16, 2011. It’s reported that Williams was killed after he and another man were taken to the entertainer’s house to account for a lost firearm. Williams’ body has not been found. The other man is expected to be the prosecution’s main witness. The police had reported that they have video and audio recordings linking Vybz Kartel whose real name is Adidja Palmer, and his co-defendants to the killing.