- TOURISM MATTERS: Exploit the film tourism niche Read More
- FAO ‘should boost food mission’ Read More
- Still swinging Read More
- Zane’s world karting champ Read More
- EDITORIAL: Dithering as Barbados loses ground Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Liberty vs state law Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
THE MAN who has put more money in the pockets of road tennis players than anyone else has described the players as being selfish and narrow-minded. That attacking backhand smash has come from Dale Clarke, organiser of the highly successful Racquets of Fire and the Clash of the Titans which have seen game exponents earn thousands of dollars in prize money. Clarke, who is the president of the Professional Road Tennis Association, has also been responsible for taking Sylvan “Llama” Burnett to the United Kingdom where the former islandwide champion engaged tennis star Andy Murray in a couple of road tennis matches. This counter from Clarke has been in response to many of the top players deciding not to take part in next week’s team tournament organised by the PRTA and which was offering a first prize of $10 000.