- TOURISM MATTERS: Long stays – by the numbers Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS’ CONFEDERATION: Employees and crime Read More
- NATION Newscast February 12, 2016 Read More
- Blue back on top at Deighton Griffith Read More
- IT MATTERS TO MARIA: Not fit for living Read More
- STREET BEAT: Peace reigns in Greens Read More
- Weekend Buzz February 12, 2016 Read More
THE MAN who has put more money in the pockets of road tennis players than anyone else has described the players as being selfish and narrow-minded. That attacking backhand smash has come from Dale Clarke, organiser of the highly successful Racquets of Fire and the Clash of the Titans which have seen game exponents earn thousands of dollars in prize money. Clarke, who is the president of the Professional Road Tennis Association, has also been responsible for taking Sylvan “Llama” Burnett to the United Kingdom where the former islandwide champion engaged tennis star Andy Murray in a couple of road tennis matches. This counter from Clarke has been in response to many of the top players deciding not to take part in next week’s team tournament organised by the PRTA and which was offering a first prize of $10 000.