- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Roberto Pereyra Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Changing lanes in a slow-moving race Read More
- Pine close in on title Read More
- Warriors win, Tridents face exit Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Crop Over fever everywhere Read More
- SATURDAY'S CHILD: Tombstone territory Read More
- Marvay still on a high Read More
SOME FORMER Barbados National Bank (BNB) shareholders are still to collect almost $10 million in payments from Republic Bank Limited for shares they sold the company last year. This was revealed yesterday as some expressed concern that they were yet to receive their cash, more than a week after the promised January 14 payment deadline. However, Eric Scott, manager of Republic Finance & Trust (Barbados) Corporation – the company handling the transaction for the Republic Bank Group in Trinidad – said the problem did not rest with Republic Bank. And his boss, managing director of Republic Bank group in Trinidad David Dulal Whiteway, told the MIDWEEK NATION that his bank had transferred $167.35 million – all the funds needed to support its purchase of the former BNB shares.