- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- BEC: Shades of grey: duty of care Read More
- Leroy Harper passes Read More
- Johnson wins Golf Open Read More
- LOUISE FAIRSAVE: Giving money away Read More
- TALKBACK: Readers’ mixed views on sick certificates Read More
- Rihanna gets VMA lifetime achievement award Read More
SOME FORMER Barbados National Bank (BNB) shareholders are still to collect almost $10 million in payments from Republic Bank Limited for shares they sold the company last year. This was revealed yesterday as some expressed concern that they were yet to receive their cash, more than a week after the promised January 14 payment deadline. However, Eric Scott, manager of Republic Finance & Trust (Barbados) Corporation – the company handling the transaction for the Republic Bank Group in Trinidad – said the problem did not rest with Republic Bank. And his boss, managing director of Republic Bank group in Trinidad David Dulal Whiteway, told the MIDWEEK NATION that his bank had transferred $167.35 million – all the funds needed to support its purchase of the former BNB shares.