- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
THERE ARE MORE than 7 000 Barbadians living illegally in Trinidad and Tobago, according to that country’s Ministry of National Security.
The 7 169 Barbadians are part of an overall figure of over 100 000 illegal immigrants who cannot be accounted for in the twin-island republic.
National Security Minister Gary Griffith said yesterday Trinidad and Tobago was now the home to an estimated 110 012 illegal immigrants, “over ten per cent of our adult population”.
According to figures released by the ministry, of Guyanese top the list of illegal immigrants in Trinidad, totalling 25 884; followed by 19 000 Jamaicans. (Trinidad Express/ES)
Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.