- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Windies set tough target for England Read More
- WI opt to bat first in opening ODI against England Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
HOTEL EXECUTIVE COLIN Jordan was nominated unopposed today to be the Barbados Labour Party's candidate in St Peter for the next general election, replacing former Prime Minister Owen Arthur.
During a meeting of the St Peter constituency branch, Jordan was nominated by Arthur's brother, Richard, himself a former BLP candidate, and the nomination was seconded by party member Linda Goodridge.
In his acceptance speech Jordan pledged "with God's help to be an effective representative".
He listed honesty, integrity and industriousness among the forces which would drive his service.
He had a word of praise for former Prime Minister Arthur, who has left the party and is sitting in Parliament as an independent Member of Parliament. (TY)