- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- More youths entering green economy Read More
- King giving back to Dominica with benefit match Read More
- Orange new QC swim champs Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Consider the rape victim Read More
- Juniors shine at NIFCA Read More
ASWAD GAMBA raised a stir in Swan Street, the City, today drawing a crowd of the curious.
The big draw was black soap and shea butter, but not the ones bought in a wrapper or bottle. No, these were the uncut versions - literally.
“These are from Ghana in West Africa. They come in a calabash and I sell them here every now and then,” he said.
Gamba and a friend were cutting slices of Shea butter and black soap and selling them in small plastic bags, from $5 and up. He said the products were excellent for skin and could combat blemishes and stretch marks, improve complexion and open pores.
As word spread, more people were drawn to the spot and Gamba was quickly doing brisk business. (CA)