- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Not even for the sake of an election victory.
That was the reaction of Attorney General Adriel Brathwaite, as he told the MIDWEEK NATION that a strong proponent of the legalisation of marijuana had told him the Democratic Labour Party would be sure to win the next election if it took this step.
“I can say without fear that I will never be part of any Government that takes such a step,” he added.
In fact, the Government’s principal legal officer said that if he had his way, the level of taxation applied to alcohol and tobacco would be so high it would more than cover the social and health costs associated with their abuse.
Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.