- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Windies set tough target for England Read More
- WI opt to bat first in opening ODI against England Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
Marville Layne of Barclays Cycling Club, yesterday morning won the 60 lap criterium race sponsored by the Capri International Trading and organised by the Barbados Cycling Union at the harbour circuit.
Layne completed the race in one and three quarter hours.
Colvin “Top Cat” Alleyne, also of Barclays was second and Michael Harding, an independent rider, third.
Thirty-four riders started the race but only seven finished.
The other four finishing in the order of fourth to seventh were: Whitstanley Smith, of Banks Tigers; Henderson Blackman, of Brighton Saddle Boys; Albert Griffith of Berger Aces and Wesley Nicholas, of Barclays.
- This article was published November 9, 1981.