Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave (left) congratulates broadcaster Julian Rogers after presenting him with his Insignia. At far left is Sir Elliott's Aide-de-Camp, Captain Carlos Lovell. (BGIS)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
VETERAN BROADCASTER Julian Ernest Chetvynde Rogers was today presented with his Insignia for the award of Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE), by Governor General, Sir Elliott Belgrave, at Government House.
Rogers, who was one of nine Barbadians honoured in June by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, in her Birthday Honours List for 2014, was recognised for services to broadcasting.
Rogers was accompanied to the presentation ceremony by his son Julian Rogers Jr., daughter Claire Haynes and mother-in-law Elaine Brathwaite. (BGIS)