- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- CTO CDB looking to double number of Hospitality Assured businesses Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) – Jamaican police have carried out a series of operations across the island that netted more than 500 pounds of marijuana and led to seven arrests.
Officers with the Jamaica Constabulary Force’s narcotics division found most of the pot when they stopped a car in Kingston and seized 445 pounds. Six men were arrested.
At the wharf in the capital, officers discovered 41 packages containing marijuana hidden in a shipment of chairs destined for the island of St Lucia.
They also seized a smaller amount of pot and made one arrest during a search at Sangster International Airport in the northern tourist town of Montego Bay.
Police announced the seizures in a recent statement.
Jamaica is thought to be the Caribbean’s largest producer and exporter of marijuana.