Barbados’ newest knight, Sir Henry Fraser. (FP)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
ONE OF THIS COUNTRY’S foremost heritage historians and academics has been conferred with a knighthood in the Independence honours list.
The Knight of St Andrew has been bestowed on retired university professor Senator Henry Fraser for his outstanding contribution to the medical profession and representation of Barbadian culture, especially its architectural history.
Last night, Sir Henry said: “I am deeply honoured . . . this is quite an honour,” in reaction to the news.
Sir Henry, a medical practitioner who worked for many years as a lecturer in medicine at the University of the West Indies and now serves as an Independent Senator, has gained an outstanding reputation for his work on the historic treasures of Barbados.
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.