Fire prevention is cheaper than rebuilding after a fire. (FP)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
AS BARBADIANS PREPARE for the Christmas season, the Barbados Fire Service is reminding them to take precautions to ensure safety of self and property.
Indeed, they are advising the public that fire safety is not expensive, it is priceless and are offering to help property owners.
They also gave the following tips on their facebook page:
- Install smoke detectors. They provide adequate early warning in the event of a fire. Smoke detectors are readily available from most hardware stores and are not expensive.
- Purchase a fire extinguisher for your home. ABC fire extinguishers are multi-purpose and are essential devices to combat fires in their early stages.
- Create and practice exit drills with the occupants in your home. Knowing what to do in the event of a fire is important to ensuring the safety and well-being of your family members.
Another recommendation for those who can afford it is adequate insurance coverage for home and contents.
More information on fire safety planning can be obtained by contacting the Fire Prevention & Community Relations Unit of the Barbados Fire Service.
For more on fire safety, click the link below to hear from Fire Officer Patrick Edwards.
Fire safety and prevention. (SAT)