Dominicans waiting in line to vote. (Picture by Sandy Pitt)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
VOTING IS CURRENTLY underway in Dominica.
Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit and the ruling Dominica Labour Party (DLP) are facing a challenge from first timer Lennox Linton and the United Workers Party (UWP).
Both parties have a full field of 21 candidates.
The UWP is running a campaign calling for change, while the DLP is focussing on leadership and continuity.
According to the Electoral Commission, about 72 486 people are eligible to cast their votes. The polls will close at 5 p.m..
Skerrit has been Prime Minister since 2004. (SAT)