QUEEN’S COUNSEL and Speaker of the House, Michael Carrington. (FP)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new CIO, managing director Read More
- Sam Lord’s Castle: Into The Future Read More
- Pride crush Scorpions Read More
- St Michael, St Thomas rule court Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Solidarity now an empty slogan Read More
- King Bubba on Bequia stage tonight Read More
QUEEN’S COUNSEL Michael Carrington, who is also Speaker of the House of Assembly, has run into hot water with one of his clients.
Carrington, a practising attorney-at-law, has been ordered by the High Court to surrender nearly a quarter-million dollars to John Griffiths, funds received and withheld over two years ago from the sale of a property as well as various bank deposits.
Justice Jacqueline Cornelius also ruled last month that Carrington render an account of all sums belonging to the particular estate within 28 days. He was also ordered to “pay interest at the rate of per annum” from May 13 until the entire sum is paid, and legal costs of over $7 700 incurred by Griffiths.
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.