QUEEN’S COUNSEL and Speaker of the House, Michael Carrington. (FP)
- Seasoned executive joins Hilton’s global operations team Read More
- We’ve got your back, says Co-op Read More
- A work in progress Read More
- Windies Women complete camp before ICC WT20 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- iWeb defending crown Read More
QUEEN’S COUNSEL Michael Carrington, who is also Speaker of the House of Assembly, has run into hot water with one of his clients.
Carrington, a practising attorney-at-law, has been ordered by the High Court to surrender nearly a quarter-million dollars to John Griffiths, funds received and withheld over two years ago from the sale of a property as well as various bank deposits.
Justice Jacqueline Cornelius also ruled last month that Carrington render an account of all sums belonging to the particular estate within 28 days. He was also ordered to “pay interest at the rate of per annum” from May 13 until the entire sum is paid, and legal costs of over $7 700 incurred by Griffiths.
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.