The passenger bus plunged into the sea in St Vincent. Below: Rough waters obscure the bus. (Pictures by Rochelle E. Baptiste)
- Lenstec Barbados wins legal battle Read More
- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- Leslie explains BCA T20 toss rules Read More
- No new registration for netball season Read More
- What a ‘mother’ country! Read More
- Developing our public sector Read More
- Barbados participates in Beijing Caribbean Film Festival Read More
FOUR ARE DEAD and at least eight missing after a passenger bus carrying children plunged into the sea in northwestern St Vincent.
Information is sketchy, but according to I Witness-News and journalist Rochelle Baptiste, divers are currently in the water searching for the missing.
The bus was transporting school children, but it is not clear how many were in the vehicle.
Police in Owia, a community on the northwestern tip of St Vincent, said that the accident occurred at Rockgutter, a community between Owia and Fancy, the country’s northern-most village.
Reports also indicate that the seas there are very rough and effecting rescue operations will be very difficult. (I Witness-News/SAT)