Mario Harte celebrates Barbados’ first goal against Guyana. (Pictures by Kenmore Bynoe)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Aguilleira retires from West Indies cricket Read More
- Lights out at the Gym Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Prince memoir to be released in October Read More
A YOUTHFUL BARBADOS football side came from two goals down to force a 2-2 draw with Guyana at the National Stadium last night.
All the goals were scored in an action-packed first half.
Guyana took the lead in the 12th minute through Sheldon Holder and doubled through Emery Welshman in the 33rd.
Three minutes later, Jomo Harris ignited the Barbados offence from about 25 yards out.
Before the fans could settle, Mario Harte scored the equaliser one minute later.
The new look Barbados team features mainly Under-23 players. (SAT)
Below: A Guyanese supporter proudly waves his flag in the stands.