Player Of The Year Thierry Gale (centre) posing with his trophies presented by Lisa Carter (left) and Soraya Toppin-Herbert. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Red win again at CP Read More
- England upstage Gayle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
WITH A NAME LIKE THIERRY and budding soccer skills to boot, it was no surprise that Thierry Gale captured the Player Of The Year Award when the popular Pro Shottas Soccer School held its award ceremony for 2014 at the Banks Ground, Wildey, on Saturday.
With close to 100 players decked out in their sponsors Chefette uniform, Gale joined many of his peers in receiving rewards from advertising manager of Chefette, Lisa Carter, and one of Pro Shottas’ success stories, Soraya Toppin-Herbert.
The nifty striker Tyrique Belle won the Most Dedicated Player Award, while Asher Jean-Pierre took the award for Most Improved Player, Akeem James was the Most Disciplined Player and Justin Griffith captured the Goalkeeper Of The Year Award.
Many other awards were shared out in various disciplines, with even the parents enjoying the spoils, as a beaming Wayne Johnson was chosen as the Parent Of The Year.
Pro Shottas is well known for training hundreds of young talents in the rudiments of the game of football as well as twinning with many clubs in North America to create playing and academic opportunities for local players. (KB)