President of the Barbados Union of Teachers Pedro Shepherd. (FP)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Bajans come up short Read More
- WI best not good enough Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
THE OUTSTANDING issues are the same, but it appeared to be a smooth return to school for teachers at Alma Parris and Parkinson Memorial Secondary Schools.
After engaging in meetings with representative the Barbados Union of Teachers Tuesday through Friday last week, teachers from both schools reported to work this morning.
Union head Pedro Shepherd said the steward from Alma Parris had checked in and reported things were quiet.
He admitted he had not received a similar call from the three stewards at Parkinson, but the assumption was that conditions there were conducive to teaching and learning as well. (YB)