President of the Barbados Union of Teachers Pedro Shepherd. (FP)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
THE OUTSTANDING issues are the same, but it appeared to be a smooth return to school for teachers at Alma Parris and Parkinson Memorial Secondary Schools.
After engaging in meetings with representative the Barbados Union of Teachers Tuesday through Friday last week, teachers from both schools reported to work this morning.
Union head Pedro Shepherd said the steward from Alma Parris had checked in and reported things were quiet.
He admitted he had not received a similar call from the three stewards at Parkinson, but the assumption was that conditions there were conducive to teaching and learning as well. (YB)