Chief Justice Sir Marston Gibson (FP)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Titus strikes gold Read More
- Bajans seeking more Carifta swim medals Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
COME THURSDAY, the Supreme Court will have its first video link-up with Her Majesty’s Prisons Dodds to hear bail applications.
This was announced by Chief Justice Sir Marston Gibson yesterday as he and fellow Court of Appeal judges Sandra Mason and Kaye Goodridge spoke to students from Combermere School when they visited the Court of Appeal to observe a case.
Sir Marston told the students this was just one of the ways the court would be utilising technology.
Called the Prison Video Link, he explained it was a way of dealing with delays in the system and reducing the number of prisoners transported from the St Philip prisons on a daily basis just for bail applications.
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.