Prime Minister of Dominica Roosevelt Skerrit (FP)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
Roseau, Dominica – Prime Minister of Dominica Roosevelt Skerrit has condemned a coup plot against the Venezuela’s president Nicholas Maduro.
Maduro announced on February 12, 2015 that his government had foiled an attempted coup which resulted in the detention of both civilians and members of the military.
“The Government of Venezuela which is led by President Maduro has been duly elected by the people of Venezuela. Any attempt to remove the constitutionally elected government must be condemned by all, in no uncertain terms. The rule of law and the supremacy of the constitution must at all times be respected,” Prime Minister Skerrit stated.
Dominica and Venezuela have enjoyed years of fruitful relations since the establishment of diplomatic relations in 1979. (PR/SAT)